Thursday, June 5, 2008

Lakers vs. Celtics vs. U2


Im so fluckin excited about L.A. and Boston meeting in the finals this year that i actually did a little research about the musical history of this royal rivalry. These teams haven't met in the finals in 21 long years.

The last time they met was June 2nd, 1987. The #1 song in the country was "With or Without You" by U2.Look at Bono with the slicked back 80's ponytail looking like Ice-T ! I see you nigga !
I'm not the biggest U2 fan but when i looked into it a little bit deeper, i realized that the last time the Lakers made the finals, halftime of Game 1 in L.A. featured a performance by everybody's favorite rockers/humanitarians. The illest part about it ? It was broadcast via satellite from TD Banknorth Garden in Boston ! EERIE.

I gotta get back to the airport, but i'll leave you with this.

Lakers in 5.

WHAT DO EWE THINK ?

3 comments:

Poster BOY said...

I used to hat on U2 like nobody else. I called them everything under the sun from; gay, to corny, lame, etc.

But the older I get I realize that they actually made a few decent songs. I still wouldnt consider myself a fan and never would.

Bono's humanitarian efforts definatley deserve some credit. The man stands for something.

Quishenta Joans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Quishenta Joans said...

I got Joshua Tree. Then I bought their greatest hits, which was basically Joshua Tree...